Friday, February 1, 2008

chaise des boisee

As promised, here are a few pictures of my Chaise des Boisee...Chair of the Woods. This work of art was created for an Altered Chair Contest I entered two summers ago. My chair was chosen to win. Needless to say I was thrilled.
Can you see my little leather portfolio book nestled there on the seat, protected by the outstretched wings of the blue bird?
I had written the following note when I sent my chair in for the contest: Twigs and branches saved from trees cut down on our property years ago. The little egg on the front of the chair is a real quail egg gathered some 12 years ago and lovingly saved. The nest it rests in is a piece of broken old gourd, once whole and full of seeds. My grandfather had given it to me around 20 years ago. The vintage images of the Wood Sprites are photos of my husband's mother when she was a little girl. She recently passed away at the age of 94.

No comments: